The multiple disc couplings type HKS are made of metal and designed with high safety factors to ensure high levels of fatigue resistance and fault exclusion - making them ideal for extreme operating conditions. The assortment includes single and double universal joint couplings with a variety of hub lengths and bore diameters as well as insulated couplings for assemblies at risk from shaft currents. Selecting the right coupling to fit solid shaft encoders is a decisive factor affecting the safety and availability of your plant.
Advantages of Safety couplings from Hübner Giessen
- No unplanned plant downtimes thanks to a high endurance design - guaranteed (IEC 61800-5-2)
- Smooth plant operations thanks to torsion resistant and backlash free encoder connection
- Cost-savings thanks to a bearing-friendly design providing a longer service life
- Insulation made of glass-fiber reinforced plastic prevents shaft currents damaging bearing on inverter controlled drives
- Additional claws ensure availability even if spring washers fracture due to overload