Flange adapter shafts
When fitting hollow shaft encoders onto large drive shafts (e. g. of main drives) it is possible to reduce the diameter of the large shaft with the aid of flange-mounted shaft adapters (flange-type adapter shafts), and in doing so create the right conditions to fit standard hollow shaft units.
Also available as certified safety part.
Advantages offered by the flange adapter shaft:
- Ideal for large drive shafts
- Centering, bolt circle, bores and stub shaft lengths are adapted perfectly
- Suitable for new plants and retrofitting/replacing other shafts
- Three integrated ball thrust screws (minimum 3, depending on size of flange) to adjust the adapter shaft make it possible to maintain signal quality by minimizing rotational frequency modulation/harmonics
- Best-possible solution to attach heavy combinations or variations of units
- Insulated versions available to protect against bearing/shaft currents
- Custom-made solutions and standard adapter shafts available
For encoder series 4, 40/41 to series 14